Sunday 6 February 2011

What to do...

I have been struggling a LOT lately, in particular with the name of the mag! I really like the idea and the image of fawn, but have been thinking (a dangerous pastime) and I think that the magazine needs a name which reflects the fact that it is "kidswear" to make it stand out on a magazine rack.

I am still undecided, but have been toying with some different names, in mocking up some front covers. The images are from previous photoshoots, and were taken by Nicola Rachel Smith.

I like the layout of this front cover, though I think that the typography needs to be a lot more exciting, and while it looks neat, it doesnt stand out enough. As for the name, Little Monsters is very sweet, but I think it is too immature for a magazine aimed at a fashion conscious market, and doesn't suit the adult tone of the imagery.

I really like this cover, it is very simple, neat and minimalist, with an eyegrabbing image in the centre. I really like the name 'Little Threads' and I like the mixture of typography. The name of the font used for "Little Threads" is Jane Austen, and I think it suits the ENGLISH design of the magazine.

I like the design of this one, and I think the name "Half Pint" is quite fun, as a name an adult would have for a child. I like the simplicity, and the minimal amount of writing.


This cover is in the style of Milk Magazine. It is eyecatching and the large font for the title works really effectively. It is "nice" and will draw in an audience, however, I dont think it reflects the design-led content of the magazine.

This is a tribute to German Luna Magazine's front cover. My mock up of this style was not hugely successful. I think it looks inexpensive and dull. My magazine needs something a little bit different, more design-led, to make in successful in the market in which i am placing it.


This is a hark to the style of Junior. I really like the bar across the bottom, to describe the contents. I really dislike the title, the colouring and the column of text down the side. Again, my mag requires something a little bit different and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment