Tuesday 25 January 2011

Illustration

I have previously collaborated with different illustrators on work for prototypes of the magazine, and thought I would share some examples of their work.

Sarah McQuilkin's work has a really tactile style to it, preferring to work on brown paper which has been tampered with as opposed to say, digitally. I love the unique charm and 'awww' factor you immediately get when you see it. This image in particular is a really lovely piece of her work, and pretty much sums up the way I feel about childhood.


Natasha Durley-Boot's work appeals to both children and adults with the lovely soft colour palette she uses, and the childhood themes of nature, innocence and fun. These images are simply beautiful, and I am a massive fan of her work.




I would be thrilled to collaborate with both of these artists on future work for the magazine and am considering an illustrative spread as well as a short children's story supported by illustration, as features in the magazine. It would be fantastic to work with these girls again, and I shall be keeping a very close eye on their work, these are two names to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment